Referral marketing for lawyers should be simple and easy.
But also effective, which is all about staying “top of mind” with your top referral sources.
Using email is the best way to do this — easily & cost-effectively.
The trick to keeping referral marketing easy and effective is not to overthink or overcomplicate things.
Let’s zero in on the keys to the most effective system of referral marketing for lawyers.
Basically, it’s that you’re keeping in touch with potential referral sources and:
- Reminding them
- Regularly, in a
- Reasonable way that you
- Care about helping our clients, and you
- Know how to best help them
Use email to get more referrals
Sending a monthly email is an easy, powerful way to send regular reminders.
But if we send too many emails, that might be perceived as unreasonable (at least by some folks). Then they’ll unsubscribe from our emails.
Also, saying too much in emails is dangerous. It’s best to keep our emails short and sweet.
If you want to learn how to use monthly emails to get referrals, check this out.
Another important thing to realize is how…
Social media can help with referrals
When you create short content for Twitter, you can often later include that content in your monthly email.
For example, here’s a tweet by a divorce lawyer named Erin.
The reason why this tweet is effective may not be obvious, so let’s dig in.
By posting this tweet Erin is:
- Providing helpful information (by simply linking to a useful article about finances and getting married).
- Reminding people that she is an experienced divorce lawyer (that’s established by the sentence that she uses to introduce the article)
- Reminding people that she cares about helping them (which can be inferred from the fact that she takes the time to post this information on Twitter)
Now, having done this, she can reuse this same advice in a monthly email.
Two birds, one stone
Using social media as a small stepping stone to longer content is how you make creating content easier.
Repurposing is helpful too, as you can now imagine.
Keep Things Simple
When you are able to keep things short, sweet, and simple, your marketing will be easier and more effective.
To learn more about simple, easy email marketing, check this out.