I used technology to transform my solo practice and then started helping other lawyers do the same. If you want to learn more, read on…
The Good News
When you use technology effectively you can begin to transform your practice in truly amazing ways.
That’s how I was able to escape the misery of BigLaw (where I was overworked and under-appreciated) and start a happier solo practice.
I kept doing complex commercial litigation (i.e. paper-intensive) cases, but without the paper —because I figured out how to digitize, simplify, and streamline everything. I also discovered the joys of working as much as I wanted, when I wanted, wherever I wanted.
Sometimes I had to pinch myself to make sure it was all real.
Fellow lawyers in small firms were eager to know how they could use technology to improve their practices, so I showed them. This continued, and at this point, has been going on for well over a decade.
In that time I’ve helped hundreds of lawyers all over the country (and even won an ABA award, which was kind of surprising). The biggest reward, though, comes from helping people achieve a kind of happiness they never thought possible.
As you can tell from these first-hand accounts…
- “My practice has grown exponentially…” —Stephanie Quigley
- “My biggest sensei in starting my solo law practice was Ernie Svenson.” —David Sparks
- “I learned how to develop systems to make my practice more efficient and profitable.” —Christine Senne
- “Ernie helps lawyers overcome the “shiny object” black hole of technology in the practice of law.” David Hoyt
- “I’m a true believer. You are showing lawyers how to transform their small firm practices in a way I don’t see anyone else being able to do.” –Todd Smith
- “I received so much help in planning my solo firm and saved so much time not having to find answers on my own.”—Carlee Gonzales
- “I’m a 65-year-old dinosaur attorney of 38 years, enjoying your online course and finding it helpful.” —Michael R. Jarman
- “Loved it! Practical steps and tools to implement right away.” —Kristie Cross
- “My law firm’s “Bible” that I created years ago came from reading one of your blogs. And, after attending your recent virtual Bootcamp, I learned even more and feel reinvigorated.” —Jimmy Go
- “Ernie steers you clear of distracting shiny objects and keeps you calmly focused on the essentials for success in the business of your law firm.”—Page Kistler
- “I’m a new attorney less than a year out. You’ve helped me streamline my practice and learn to focus on a niche area of practice.” —Kenneth Bordes
- “It is clear that you love helping people”—Catherine Fairchild
I really do enjoy helping people, especially lawyers with solo or small firm practices who yearn to tap the power of modern technology.
The Bad News
For many lawyers, the promise of modern technology has been an empty one. And it’s easy to understand why.
We simply weren’t prepared to deal with all this techno-wizardry. Computers and web-driven change arrived quickly and created a massive disruption in the legal profession.
And while computers are now indispensable, they’re also inherently complicated to operate.
So, not surprisingly, we often find ourselves feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, and confused.
Of course, not all lawyers struggle with technology. Some of us have been able to leverage digital systems effectively.
But most lawyers battle just to keep up with routine emails. Which is a shame, because…
Learning how to deal with technology doesn’t have to be so difficult. And you don’t have to figure it all out by yourself.
In fact, that’s why I created my…
Solo & Small Firm Lawyer's Guide to Working Smarter
Download this PDF, and learn to…
- Use digital systems to get all your work done quickly, reliably, and with much lower overhead.
- Turn your practice into a “digital factory” so it runs more by itself—without any effort on your part.
- Do only the work you love to do! Get others (think: virtual assistants) to handle everything else.
Also Check Out...
The LawFirm Autopilot course will transform your firm via simple & sensible tech lessons: 60+ videos, articles, checklists, templates & PDF workbooks.
Ernie and other like-minded lawyers will be your firm’s “co-pilot,” giving you direct guidance via monthly Zoom calls and a private Slack forum.
Apply to Join
Click below to hear the latest episodes