In this podcast episode, I had the pleasure of chatting with Jess Birken, a small firm law owner who specializes in helping nonprofits. As someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a tech-savvy approach, Jess shared her insights on how technology has revolutionized her practice and how others can optimize their own businesses.
One of the key topics we discussed was the use of Airtable, a cloud-based relational database, in Jess’s law practice. She explained how she initially began using Airtable to keep track of her content marketing materials, but it quickly evolved into a comprehensive system that runs her entire firm. From client intake and project management to sales pipelines and business development, Airtable serves as the central hub for her practice.
Jess also highlighted the importance of reducing touches, eliminating paper, and automating processes for maximum efficiency. Tools for automated scheduling, ActiveCampaign, and Slack are essential for running a small business successfully. By understanding the parameters of technology and having a supportive inner circle, Jess has achieved her goals and created a thriving law practice that serves her clients’ needs.
Tune in to the podcast episode to learn more about Jess’s experience and discover how you too can harness the power of technology, like Airtable, to create a more efficient and successful practice.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Lawyers can leverage Technology to improve their Practices
- Airtable Usage in Practice
- Navigating a Non-Traditional Career Path
- How Jess Serves Small Non-Profits
- Air Table for Content Management
- Using Slack for Remote Work
- Chat GPT for Everyday Tasks
- Hiring Tech Consultants to Help with Airtable
Resources from this Episode
- Richard Koch on Mastering the 80/20 Principle (Tim Ferriss’s interview with Richard Koch)
- My Substack email newsletter: The 80/20 Principle (not just for lawyers).
- My Law Firm Systems Workshop (enrollment is open now)
- Join the ‘80/20 Inner Circle‘ (modern business insights for small firm owners).