In this episode, we delve into a detailed conversation with Rio Peterson from Alps Insurance. We explore the intricacies of malpractice insurance and discuss how solo and small law firms can protect themselves not just against malpractice, but also cyber attacks and employment claims. We also delve into the transformative potential of artificial intelligence in law practice, shedding light on how it can help cut costs, increase efficiency, and enhance client services.
Rio, who was previously with Clio, brings a wealth of knowledge about insurance in the legal field. The duo break down the complexities of malpractice insurance and shed light on the significance of cyber security in today’s digital age. They also discuss the potential of artificial intelligence in streamlining legal services and improving efficiency.
Tune in to this engaging and enlightening episode to understand the benefits of using technology, the importance of insurance coverage and the potential of AI in transforming the legal industry.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Changing Company Names for Rhyme Impact
- Professional Liability and Cyber Response
- The Benefits of Specializing in Law
- Using Legal Tools and Mitigating Risks
- AI for Content Repurposing and Marketing
- AI & Language Proficiency in the Philippines
- AI in Legal Practice
Resources from this Episode
- Click for a list of the Best Tech Tools for Lawyers
- Subscribe to: The 80/20 Principle
- Check out my Law Firm Systems Intensive
- Join: ‘80/20 Inner Circle‘ (valuable business insights for small firm owners)
- Get my email course: ChatGPT for Lawyers (it’s free)
Rio Peterson Resources
- Alps’ Website
- Alps’ Blog: [https://www.alpsinsurance.com/blog](https://www.alpsinsurance.com/blog)
- Resources: [https://www.alpsinsurance.com/resources/risk-management](https://www.alpsinsurance.com/resources/risk-management)
- Clio 2023 Trends Report: [https://www.clio.com/resources/legal-trends/](https://www.clio.com/resources/legal-trends/)
- Google Analytics: [https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/](https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/)
- Hubspot: [https://www.hubspot.com](https://www.hubspot.com)
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai, you’re hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls, and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans, including add-ons (up to $1000).
And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
Overture Law is the first private attorney network enabling them to refer matters to one another and ethically share in referral fees.
Membership is free if you’re accepted. Apply for membership at Overture.law
Once you’re accepted, you’ll start getting valuable referrals and earn fees for matters you refer out. A powerful win-win for U.S.-based solo and small firm attorneys.