There are 3 levels of automation. You need to progress through these levels to fully harness the power of the 12 most essential tools that will transform your practice.
Episode Show notes:
There are 12 Automation Essentials (see my YouTube video if you want a visual refresher), and here are links to the topics discussed in the episode
- Styles; in Word Processing – Training by LawTech Partners (Adriana Linares)
- [Templates in Word Processing](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_(word_processing)); – Typography for Lawyers, by Matthew Butterick
- Email Filtering – Sanebox; software
- Email Templates – Spark Email iPhone app (There is a Google version)
- Password Managers – 1Password; or Lastpass; are both good
- Text Macros – TextExpander; software
- Appointment Scheduling – Acuity; is Ernie’s top recommendation
- Email Broadcasting – ConvertKit; is Ernie’s top recommendation
- Watched Folders – Hazel; is a Mac-based tool and David Sparks’ online course is incredibly helpful for learning how to leverage it (and check out MacPower Users podcast if you are a Mac user)
- Online API connections – Zapier; is the best service. Check out this event for lawyers who want to use Zapier better. It’s organized by the folks who do the Maximum Lawyer podcast (which I highly recommend)
- Keyboard scripting – Ernie is learning to use Keyboard Maestro by taking David Sparks’ online course (well worth the $29).
Want to take your practice to the next level?
And if you want ongoing guidance improving and growing your practice consider joining my Co-Pilot coaching program …which is exclusively for solo and small firm lawyers that want to better manage and market their practices (so they can take more time off and enjoy life more!)
Our Sponsor: Ruby Receptionists Ruby is a virtual receptionist service that provides all of your law firm’s callers with first-class service. I used them for my solo practice and they were phenomenal in helping me surprise and delight my callers. I’ve been enthusiastically recommending Ruby to hundreds of lawyers and they also have been amazed by the quality of service and its affordability. To learn more about Ruby Receptionists’ exceptional services (and get a special discount for podcast listeners only) click here.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com