Personal development is important if you want to grow and become “your best self.” But there are insidious impediments to personal growth, which are important to recognize. And it’s important to learn how to get past those impediments if you want to create a law practice that’s fulfilling. More importantly, it’s vital for creating a LIFE that you truly enjoy.
Resources Mentioned in Episode
- Tim Ferriss’ interview with Michael Lewis – discussed in last episode because it reveals how Michael Lewis discovered what he truly wanted most in life.
- Maria Popova’s article about Michael Lewis – another account of how Lewis discovered that he wanted to be a writer.
- Get my free Tech Resource Guide for solo and small firm lawyers, which includes recommendations about working remotely.
- Or better yet, join my Co-Pilot Group Mentoring program which will help you make steady progress improving your practice, with support from other like-minded attorneys who are working right alongside you.
- Learn to use technology to reduce friction & gain freedom with this resource: https://www.the8020lawyer.com/
- Focus on these essential tech tools for maximum traction in your practice.
- Take this short law practice assessment to identify your main strengths & weaknesses.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
SweetProcess is a great way to document your important workflows. Doing so will help make your practice run more smoothly, and require less involvement on your part to keep things running smoothly.
The best way to understand how SweetProcess will help streamline your firm is to start using it. The company offers a 14-day free trial, but as a loyal listener of this podcast, you can try it for 28-days free of charge. And you don’t even have to enter a credit card to get started.
Just navigate to SweetProcess.com/ernie to start your 28-day free trial today.
And thanks to the other sponsor of this podcast…
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro