Lawyers need to learn the new rules for effective, efficient information processing. These rules have arisen because the information we deal with has become increasingly digital. That part is obvious, but learning how to deal better with digital information is definitely not obvious.
- A Lawyer’s Guide to Processing Digital Information (YouTube video)
- Episode 13 – Paperless Practice – Document Management
- Episode 98 – Essential Search Skills
- Episode 107 – Managing Information in Age of Digital Disruption
- Episode 117 – Frameworks, Tags & Two Books
- Episode 139 – Information Sherpas
- Episode 178 Mental Models (Charlie Munger)
- Episode 179 Mental Models – Part II
- Axios – daily email newsletter
- Morning Brew – daily email newsletter
- Milk Road email newsletter (about cryptocurrencies)
- The Hustle – an email newsletter about tech/startup news
BTW, I’d love to get your feedback or hear about your questions (which I’ll answer in upcoming episodes).
And when you get a chance, download my free Solo & Small Firm Lawyers’ Guide to Working Smarter (which will help you streamline, automate and outsource — so you work less and relax more).
Oh, and if you’re interested in radical improvement for your law practice, check out my new Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity