In the last episode, we talked about how mental models are helpful for simplifying our complex world to make it more understandable. Now let’s delve deeper.
We’ll discuss different types of mental models, focusing on ones that attorney/businessman Charlie Munger believes are the most important for achieving the highest level of success.
- The Psychology of Human Misjudgment, (a YouTube recording of a 1995 speech given by Charlie Munger at Harvard University)
- The Revised Psychology of Human Misjudgment, by Charlie Munger
- Mental Models: The Best Way to Make Intelligent Decisions (~100 Models Explained)
- The Great Mental Models Volume 1: General Thinking Concepts, by Shane Parrish & Rhiannon Beaubien
- The Great Mental Models Volume 2: Physics, Chemistry and Biology, by Rhiannon Beaubien
- The Great Mental Models Volume 3: Systems and Mathematics, by Rhiannon Beaubien & Rosie Leizrowice
- Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career, by Scott Young & James Clear
BTW, I’d love to hear your questions or get feedback (if you want to record your thoughts using this cool tool).
Also, you might want to download my free Guide to Working Smarter in the Digital Age (to help you optimize your practice —so you start working less and relaxing more).
And if you want to make improvements faster, check out my Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
SweetProcess is a great way to document your important workflows. Doing so will help make your practice run more smoothly, and require less involvement on your part to keep things running smoothly.
The best way to understand how SweetProcess will help streamline your firm is to start using it. The company offers a 14-day free trial, but as a loyal listener of this podcast, you can try it for 28-days free of charge. And you don’t even have to enter a credit card to get started.
Just navigate to SweetProcess.com/ernie to start your 28-day free trial today.
And thanks to the other sponsor of this podcast…
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro