Unfortunately, most lawyers don’t know how to write persuasively, and their marketing copy is boring. And surprisingly, many marketing folks (who supposedly are experts in persuasive ad writing and marketing writing) also do a really poor job.
So don’t feel bad if you struggle to write persuasively. It’s not something you were ever taught to do, certainly not in law school.
In this episode, you’ll discover the best strategies, tactics, and tools for creating more persuasive briefs and marketing copy that will help you attract better clients (and refer other great clients).
Below are some helpful resources to improve your persuasive writing and marketing.
- Conversion.ai (helps you write marketing copy that sounds natural and persuasive)
- Grammarly (pure grammar/syntax checker)
- Hemingway app (free editing suggestion tool)
- Madman, Architect, Carpenter, Judge – Useful framework for the whole writing process
- Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion, Robert Ciadini
- Thinking Fast & Slow, Daniel Kahneman
- Never Split the Difference Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It, Chris Voss
- Digital Marketing for Dummies , Ryan Deiss & Russ Henneberry
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen, Don Miller
- You Are The Brand: The 8-Step Blueprint to Showcase Your Unique Expertise and Build a Highly Profitable, Personally Fulfilling Business, Mike Kim
- Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t: Why That Is And What You Can Do About It, Steven Pressfield
- Writing That Works: How to Communicate Effectively in Business, Kenneth Roman & Joel Raphaelson
- Writing Tools: 55 Essential Strategies for Every Writer, Roy Peter Clark
- Ernest Hemingway on Writing, by Larry Phillips
Also, you might want to download my free Guide to Working Smarter in the Digital Age (to help you optimize your practice —so you start working less and relaxing more).
And if you want to make improvements faster, check out my Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
SweetProcess is a great way to document your important workflows. Doing so will help make your practice run more smoothly, and require less involvement on your part to keep things running smoothly.
The best way to understand how SweetProcess will help streamline your firm is to start using it. The company offers a 14-day free trial, but as a loyal listener of this podcast, you can try it for 28-days free of charge. And you don’t even have to enter a credit card to get started.
Just navigate to SweetProcess.com/ernie to start your 28-day free trial today.
And thanks to the other sponsor of this podcast…
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro