Business attorney Andrew Legrand is planning to go rafting in the Grand Canyon for 21 days during September, and will be completely out of touch with his law firm for a full month.
How can he be sure that everything will continue to run smoothly while he’s gone? Listen and find out. (spoiler alert: he relies on well-documented systems)
- Andrew Legrand’s Law Firm Website
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck
- Solo By Choice, by Carolyn Elefant
- How to Start and Build a Law Practice, by Jay Foonberg
- Ray Abadin’s website (former president of the Florida Bar Association)
- Zapier (cloud-based automation service)
- Clio (most popular Law Practice Management software)
- Code, And Other Laws of Cyberspace, by Lawrence Lessig (explains how laws are just like software code)
- Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon
- SweetProcess (the procedure-documenting software used and recommended by Ernie)
- Craig Ball (forensic examiner, tech-savvy attorney)
BTW, I’d love to get your feedback or hear about your questions (which I’ll answer in upcoming episodes).
And if you download my free Solo & Small Firm Lawyers’ Guide to Working Smarter I’ll follow up and send you a few helpful emails to make it easy for you to take actions that lead to important results in your practice.
Oh, and if you’re interested in radical improvement for your law practice, check out my new Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000).
And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity