Lawyer David Ward is the author of Evernote for Lawyers. David is a thoughtful student of productivity and marketing, and shares his insights about how to get more organized with Evernote. And he explains why successful marketing is merely an extension of who you are, and not so much something you have to spend a lot of time doing.
- The Attorney Marketing Center, David Ward’s website
- Evernote For Lawyers, book by David Ward
- The Attorney Marketing Letter, David’s regular email tips
- Email marketing for lawyers course, by David Ward
- Apply for my Systems Course (there is no guarantee you’ll be admitted to the next cohort, but I will prioritize applications based on when they were received)
- Download out my Basic Guide to Working Smarter if you want to learn how to make technology work for you, not against you.
- Check out my Law Firm Autopilot program if you want a more comprehensive blueprint for transforming your practice.
Thanks to My Sponsors
Gathering information is important for lawyers, especially lawyers who do litigation. As you no doubt know, law doesn’t win cases, facts do, and often one or two key facts can make or break a case.
Key facts are tied to witnesses who sometimes are elusive. Key facts can involve things about your client that they conveniently “forget” to tell you. And for sure key facts are incriminating things about the opposing party. Key facts can be in social media or any number of public databases.
So how do you find the key facts quickly and easily?
Well, you can find them but not usually quickly and easily. Even the publicly available information is strewn about in lots of different public records or online locations that you can’t find using one Google search. So stop trying to use Google and don’t waste time, energy, or money.
Use Tracers instead. That’s how you can get cost-effective access to asset records, social media posts, and detailed background information on anyone of interest to you or your client.
The cost is based on a “pay per search” pricing with a $39 monthly minimum. The searches aren’t super expensive so you might only spend $39 per month and be able to do a few searches.
But however much you use it you can expense the cost to your client matter because it’s an essential service.
I recommend that every lawyer at least sign up, learn what it can do, and get used to having an amazing resource at your fingertips. If you use the promo code Ernie100 the first $100 of your search will be free.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com