These books have been influential in helping many successful people learn to “work smarter.” Study them carefully
Strive to absorb the key principles so they become part of your regular thought patterns. Once that happens, your massive success is virtually guaranteed.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck
- The Effective Executive, by Peter Drucker
- The Four Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss
- Super Thinking: Make Better Decisions with Mental Models, by Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann
- The 80/20 Principle, by Richard Koch
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World, by Cal Newport
- A World Without Email: Reimagining Work in an Age of Communication Overload, by Cal Newport
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life, by Nir Eyal
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones, by James Clear
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It, by Michael Gerber
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business, by Gino Wickman
- Rework: Change the Way You Work Forever, by Jason Fried
- Remote: Office Not Required, by Jason Fried
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work, by Jason Fried
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right, Atul Gawande
- Work The System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less, by Sam Carpenter
- The Ultimate Law Firm, by Craig Kahn
- The Power of A System, by John Fisher
- Thinking in Bets: Making Smarter Decisions When You Don’t Have All the Facts, by Annie Duke
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, by Robert Cialdini
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade, by Robert Cialdini
Link to publicly visible “task board”
Also, you might want to download my free Guide to Working Smarter in the Digital Age (to help you optimize your practice —so you start working less and relaxing more).
And if you want to make improvements faster, check out my Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
SweetProcess is a great way to document your important workflows. Doing so will help make your practice run more smoothly, and require less involvement on your part to keep things running smoothly.
The best way to understand how SweetProcess will help streamline your firm is to start using it. The company offers a 14-day free trial, but as a loyal listener of this podcast, you can try it for 28-days free of charge. And you don’t even have to enter a credit card to get started.
Just navigate to SweetProcess.com/ernie to start your 28-day free trial today.
And thanks to the other sponsor of this podcast…
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro