How can we make better, more effective decisions? It’s important to find out because the quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our decisions.
Many of our decisions are impaired even before we start to make them because of cognitive blind spots. So what are some examples of these cognitive glitches, and how can we overcome them? That’s what you’ll discover in this episode.
- Read Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo (will help you develop your “figure it out” muscle)
- Read Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman (and examine your thinking with more examples like the “baseball and ball” test)
- Read The Great Mental Models, Vol. 1 by Rhiannon Beaubien and Shane Parrish (An overview of key “thinking principles”)
- Visit Farnham St. Blog (An ongoing examination of key “thinking principles”)
- Listen to The Knowledge Project podcast (An ongoing discussion of key “thinking principles”)
- Listen to Tim Ferriss Show podcast (will help you find successful people to model and learn how they made good decisions)
- Listen to Mixergy podcast with Andrew Warner (will help you find successful people to model and learn how they made good decisions)
- Read Post-Corona by Scott Galloway (Discover the powerful trends that are driving radical change now, and what you should do to capitalize opportunities and meet challenges)
- Read Thinking In Bets by Annie Duke (Develop better decision-making skills in general)
- Read The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel (Develop better decision-making skills regarding finance)
- Read Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Business, and Life by Rory Sutherland (to understand how some things work even though they don’t make sense, and vice-versa)
- Learn to use technology to reduce friction & gain freedom with this resource: https://www.the8020lawyer.com/
- Focus on these essential tech tools for maximum traction in your practice.
- Take this short law practice assessment to identify your main strengths & weaknesses.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
SweetProcess is a great way to document your important workflows. Doing so will help make your practice run more smoothly, and require less involvement on your part to keep things running smoothly.
The best way to understand how SweetProcess will help streamline your firm is to start using it. The company offers a 14-day free trial, but as a loyal listener of this podcast, you can try it for 28-days free of charge. And you don’t even have to enter a credit card to get started.
Just navigate to SweetProcess.com/ernie to start your 28-day free trial today.
And thanks to the other sponsor of this podcast…
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro