Amanda is the founder of Aguillard Accounting, a small business accounting firm based in New Orleans with clients across the country. Her focus is solo and small law firms and real estate brokerages.
She is also the co-founder of Elefant, a training company for accountants and bookkeepers. Amanda’s #1 passion is helping small business owners build the practices of their dreams using technology.
Resources discussed in this episode
- Xero; – cloud-based accounting software for small businesses (which Ernie and Amanda both use and recommend)
- MinuteDoc; – Xero-based time and billing integration
- Amanda’s Clio Conference Talk (YouTube recording) entitled “Accounting Doesn’t Have to Be a Bad Word. She talked about making sense of accounting practices and how to avoid common law firm accounting pitfalls.
- Quickbooks Online – the cloud-based competitor to Xero.
- Amanda’s Twitter Feed – where she posts important announcements for small business owners looking for guidance with accounting issues.
- Small Firm Bootcamp 2020 – the 2-day conference for solo and small firm attorneys coming up in May of 2020 in New Orleans. Special “early bird” pricing is now in effect.
Want my personal help?
And if you want ongoing guidance improving and growing your practice consider joining my Co-Pilot coaching program …which is exclusively for solo and small firm lawyers that want to better manage and market their practices (so they can take more time off and enjoy life more!)
Our Sponsor: Ruby Receptionists Ruby is a virtual receptionist service that provides all of your law firm’s callers with first-class service. I used them for my solo practice and they were phenomenal in helping me surprise and delight my callers. I’ve been enthusiastically recommending Ruby to hundreds of lawyers and they also have been amazed by the quality of service and its affordability. To learn more about Ruby Receptionists’ exceptional services (and get a special discount for podcast listeners only) click here.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com