Learning to systematize your practice isn’t that hard, and so it helps to hear how other lawyers are tackling this important aspect of running their businesses. Jeff Lewis is quite thoughtful and incisive because he just spent time focusing on developing systems in Ernie’s new course on systems building.
- Jeff Lewis is co-host of the California Appellate Law Podcast.
- The Power of A System, John Fisher’s book
- TextExpander;, amazing keyboard macro tool
- Wisetime;, time tracking app Jeff mentioned that syncs with Clio;
- Tiago Forte, online productivity coach
- The P.A.R.A. organizational method taught by Tiago Forte
- Notion;, the organizational tool that Jeff is now captivated by
- Zapier;, the online automation connection tool for cloud-based services (here is a link to Ernie’s developing list of Zapier automations for lawyers)
- Apply for my Systems Course (there is no guarantee you’ll be admitted to the next cohort, but I will prioritize applications based on when they were received)
- Download out my Basic Guide to Working Smarter if you want to learn how to make technology work for you, not against you.
- Check out my Law Firm Autopilot program if you want a step-by-step guide to leveraging technology to improve your practice.
Also, you might want to download my free Guide to Working Smarter in the Digital Age (to help you optimize your practice —so you start working less and relaxing more).
And if you want to make improvements faster, check out my Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
SweetProcess is a great way to document your important workflows. Doing so will help make your practice run more smoothly, and require less involvement on your part to keep things running smoothly.
The best way to understand how SweetProcess will help streamline your firm is to start using it. The company offers a 14-day free trial, but as a loyal listener of this podcast, you can try it for 28-days free of charge. And you don’t even have to enter a credit card to get started.
Just navigate to SweetProcess.com/ernie to start your 28-day free trial today.
And thanks to the other sponsor of this podcast…
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro