How can spending eight months traveling and working help you become more productive?
Well, ask Megan Hargroder, a veritable digital nomad. In this episode of the podcast she explained how being a “digital nomad” has changed and radically improved how she gets work done.
For example, she shares how she learned to complete a day’s work in 90 minutes. We also discussed:
- The challenges of working while constantly traveling
- Options for getting low-cost data on your cellphone (important for using GPS)
- Her use of WeWork offices, and why she uses other options too
- How to communicate with staff and clients while traveling
- The best tech tools to work easier and to make life easier (see the list below)
- Megan’s company website (a digital marketing agency helping solo/small firm lawyers)
- ExpresssVPN (Virtual Private Network service, link to 30-day free trial)
- Airalo (app & services for using virtual SIM cards, aka eSIM) – use this code to get $3 off your first purchase: ERNEST3504
- World Clock app (for time zone management)
- FIO (browser tool for time zone management)
- Slack (communication tool for remote teams)
- Microsoft Teams (alternative communication tool for remote teams)
- Joey Vitale program that teaches outsourcing skills
- Loom (video communication tool)
- VideoAsk (video communication tool)
- Google Suite (mentioned as a potential alternative to Slack or Microsoft Teams)
- WeWork (shared workspace provider)
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai, you’re hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls, and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans, including add-ons (up to $1000).
And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
Overture Law is the first private attorney network enabling them to refer matters to one another and ethically share in referral fees.
Membership is free if you’re accepted. Apply for membership at Overture.law
Once you’re accepted, you’ll start getting valuable referrals and earn fees for matters you refer out. A powerful win-win for U.S.-based solo and small firm attorneys.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.comLet them know we sent you.