You need to protect your valuable time from people who want to steal it. Develop strategies for saying no more often, and for filtering out useless information masquerading as news – do this for your sake and the sake of your clients.
- Free To Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less, by Michael Hyatt (see pages 91 – 113)
- LFA Episode 190: Text Automation for Lawyers (with TextExpander)
- TextExpander (the best tool to automate saying no to common requests)
- Axios (important news & expert analysis by award-winning journalists)
- Morning Brew (all the key daily news that you can read in 5 minutes or less)
- Instapaper (save articles for free, even ones that are behind a registration wall, and read them later)
- Pocket (free, just like Instapaper)
- Feedly (free RSS reader, with paid version that includes some A.I. features)
- What is RSS? Here’s a helpful article.
BTW, I’d love to get your feedback or hear about your questions (which I’ll answer in upcoming episodes).
And when you get a chance, download my free Solo & Small Firm Lawyers’ Guide to Working Smarter (which will help you streamline, automate and outsource —so you start working less and relaxing more).
Oh, and if you’re interested in radical improvement for your law practice, check out my new Working Smarter course.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
Smith.ai is an amazing virtual receptionist service that specializes in working with solo and small law firms. When you hire Smith.ai you’re actually hiring well-trained, friendly receptionists who can respond to callers in English or Spanish.
If there’s one great outsourcing opportunity for your practice, this is it. Let Smith.ai have your back while you stay focused on your work, knowing that your clients and prospects are being taken care of.
Plans start at $210/month for 30 calls and pricing starts at $140 for 20 chats, with overage at $7 per chat. They offer a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee on all receptionist and live chat plans including add-ons (up to $1000). And they have a special offer for podcast listeners where you can get an extra $100 discount with promo code ERNIE100. Sign up for a risk-free start with a 14-day money-back guarantee now (and learn more) at smith.ai.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at EmeraldCity Pro
P.S. If you want to create better systems for your practice, check out this Ultimate Guide.