The ABA ranks it as the 3rd best legal movie and Justice Antonin Scalia said it was his favorite lawyer movie.
It’s commonly used to help teach procedure and evidence in law schools. And many lawyers use it to offer tips for how to effectively try a jury case.
After 30 years of popularity and acclaim, it’s.worth reflecting on how this movie came about and why it’s so beloved by so many lawyers and judges.
- My Cousin Vinny (Wikipedia article)
- ‘What Is a Yute?’: An Oral History of ‘My Cousin Vinny’ (2022 Rolling Stone article about making of the film)
- 12 pivotal movie scenes with lessons for lawyers (ABA article)
- Every Young Trial Lawyer Needs To Watch My Cousin Vinny (Litigation & Trial article)
- Top 10 Lessons from My Cousin Vinny (LegalNews.com article)
- Working Smarter with Digital Technology (my short guide to improving your practice by using technology better)
“ChatterBoss is an incredible remote executive assistant company that helps solopreneurs and small businesses grow quickly and save money. Your dedicated ChatterBoss assistant can help you with case management, billing support, email optimization, social media, process building, automation, and more. They even have on-demand paralegals and legal assistants.
The service is customized to your budget and is on-demand, so you are able to work with your assistant as much or as little as you need throughout the week. The minimum monthly spend for a dedicated executive assistant is only $200/
The best way to get started is to schedule a free consultation and find out exactly how the service works. Click this link to schedule a free 30-minute call, and you’ll get a special 15% discount when you sign up with ChatterBoss.”
P.S. If you want a better practice, check out this Ultimate Guide.