This episode features an interview with a lawyer who went from helping build a multimillion-dollar firm to practicing law from coffee shops in Europe.
Sheila Wilkinson helped build a highly successful law firm from scratch even before she went to law school. Crazy but true. And after law school, she created her own successful practice, which she still runs, often from coffee shops in Brussels.
Another focus for Sheila is providing what she calls “Socratic coaching” for lawyers. Specifically, those who feel frustrated in their practices. Sheila’s message is: Law practice doesn’t have to be unfulfilling and frustrating. You can transform your life, your practice, and your state of mind.
Listen, and find out how to make major improvements to your law practice.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The transformational journey of Sheila, who transitioned from building a million-dollar law firm to practicing law from various coffee shops in Europe.
- How Sheila Wilkinson leverages technology, practices Socratic Coaching for Lawyers, and benefits from digital nomadism.
- Sheila’s approach to overcoming personal and professional hurdles by emphasizing clarity, confidence, and understanding one’s mental processes.
- The significance of emotional decision-making and proper risk assessment in law practice.
- A deep dive into social conditioning and its impact on decision-making abilities.
Resources from this Episode
– Casemap software (by Lexis)
- Click for a list of the Best Tech Tools for Lawyers
- Subscribe to: The 80/20 Principle
- Check out my Law Firm Systems Intensive
- Join: ‘80/20 Inner Circle‘ (valuable business insights for small firm owners)
- Read: The 80/20 Principle: The Secret of Achieving More with Less, by Richard Koch
- Get my new email course: ChatGPT for Lawyers (it’s free)
- Check out my Law Practice Assessment if you want to improve your practice. (answer a few questions and then get specific recommendations for improvement in 5 key areas).