Here’s my end-of-the-week braindump of things I’m now interested in, or that might be worth paying more attention to later.
- A Writers Coach – Rec’d by Merlin Mann. Two chapters in I now find this book an essential guide to better writing.
- Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer – Stumbled across the 1 page guide and wound up buying the book. Only skimmed, but also clearly essential.
- Back to Work: Rob Corddry – excellent talk with semi-famous writer/comedian about workflow habits and tools.
- 43 Folders – excellent site from a pivotal thinker/writer of productivity tips for the digital world.
- Moleskin notebooks – sometimes old school tools are needed for productivity (Merlin Mann and other techies use them, so maybe I should too).
- Merlin Mann’s tribute – No one needs permission to be awesome. Unfortunately, so many think that they do.
- Hashable – long term radar, not sure if it will gain traction.
- Foursquare – geo-location service has already gained critical traction .
- Square Card Case – the consumer’s companion tool to Square’s tool for merchants. This company is going to disrupt mobile payments big time.
P.S. If you want a practice optimized for remote work & virtual collaboration, get this 24-page guide.